APPLY on REED
APPLY on INDEED
APPLY on DWP
Salesforce Salesforce.com Developer
Job Location: London
APPLY on REED
APPLY on INDEED
APPLY on DWP
As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will be responsible for helping to estimate, plan and oversee development activities being executed by both internal and vendor development resources. The Agile delivery methodology will be the primary working model for this team although some of the development will be waterfall. The Senior Developer role will be regularly expected to lead meetings, interface laterally with senior technology and business stakeholders, assume the main responsibility for the technical solution - steering the technical work of the developers working on the project and assisting defect resolution when required. Salesforce Developer Who Will
• Work closely with product managers and story owners to design features and prioritise tasks.
• Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes.
• Help with recruiting and selection of technical resources.
• Configure and write code for Salesforce and integrations when needed.
• Oversee delivered work and quality.
• Providing technical direction and evaluating the quality of deliverables
• Participating in the Solution / Design process of new features and enhancements to the sales force software platform.
• Oversee the diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan and executing against that plan.
• Work closely with the QA, project management and business teams on solution implementation.
• Adhere to technical development processes, standard and software engineering best practices.
• Develop, review and execute on established technical road maps and continual product optimizations.
• Participate in the creation of development / software engineering best practices, including capacity planning, monitoring,configuration, security, Reporting Requirements, recovery strategies and migration strategies.
• Provide technical leadership, able to motivate other technical members to perform at their highest potential.
• Manage scrum sessions, and execute sprint planning, sprint retrospective and sprint demos.
• Provide solid facilitation, problem solving skills and able to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve project goals.
• Encourage and help others to achieve technical transparency.
• Identify, mitigate or appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes to development projects.
• Provide thought leadership and technical guidance.
• Serve as a technical role model by promoting and demonstrating our commitment to Agile methodology and current software engineering processes, to include recommending improvements.
• Be the main point of contact in the handover to operations
• Assist environment teams, test teams and operations teams with technical queries
• Provide technical advice and assistance to other JL teams where appropriate
• Extensive software development experience of Salesforce.
• Experience collecting, reviewing and updating requirements and/or user stories
• Experience writing technical documentation and providing engineering deliverables (design & development)
• Experience with SCRUM and other Agile development practices.
Technical Skills Required
• Has solid understanding of the software development life cycle SDLC (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
• Disciplined approach to software development. Including defining and enforcing engineering best practices.
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
• Java/J2EE development skills, with a proven record of creating commercial quality software solutions for relatively large applications
• including production monitoring.
• Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioural testing and continuous integration
• Strong application performance / tuning skills
• Strong knowledge of Test Driven Development and its application within a small development team
• Strong knowledge of software version control and continuous integration tools
• Scrum Agile and/or SDLC certifications are a plus
• Experience with QA and software analytic tools is a plus
• Experience working as a Senior developer within complex systems development environments
• Experience with User Interfaces and/or SOA concepts is also desired
• SalesforceDev 401 and ideally 501
We Provide 100% workfrom home